E nā ʻohana Hawaiʻi: If you are planning a reunion or looking for genealogical information, Ka Wai Ola will print your listing at no charge on a space-available basis. Listings should not exceed 200 words. OHA reserves the right to edit all submissions for length. Send your information by mail, or e-mail kwo@OHA.org. E ola nā mamo a Hāloa!
- Calvert – Descendants of Mary Laʻa Calvert and Roy Calvert; daughters: Ruby Pearl Laʻa Hargrave (husband Vernon Edgar Hargrave, sons Vernon Kaaleokekai Hargrave and George Waipuna Hargrave), Grace Lillian Lehua Parish (husband Edward Gilliland Parish, children: Colleen Kalei Parish Fujihara, Keenan Edward Parish, Kevin Calvert Parish, and Keely Kaonohiulaokalani Parish Wong), Annette Blanche Mokihana Calvert Nobriga (husband Harvey Irwin Nobriga, children: Harvey Kealoha Komomua Nobriga, Marc Kawainui Nobriga, and Kimberlee Analisa Mokihana Nobriga), and Pauline Jeanette Lokelani Calvert Jenkins (husband James L. Jenkins, daughters: Valarie Ann La`a Jenkins Nobriga, and Michele Lehua Jenkins Wilkinson. Please contact Roz Solomon (808-214-4651) email: Hawnrozz@msn.com. I’m looking for any documents pertaining to the exhumation and reinternment of ohana members moved from Waiau cemetery in 1946 to Diamond Head Memorial Park. Mary Laa Kealoha Calvert arranged for the cemetery plots. I would also like to include you in our genealogy/family history research results/information.
- Cazimero – Kamila & Manuel Cazimero – We are updating our Kamila and Manuel Cazimero family tree and planning our next family reunion. Please check out our Facebook page: Hui ʻo Manuel a me Kamila Reunion, or contact Stacy Hanohano at (808) 520-4212 for more information.
- Chartrand – Aloha John Francis Carson Chartrand is my Grandfather on my mother’s side. He came to Hawaiʻi in the 20s with the Calvary. He married four Hawaiian women in his life and had many children. Mary Keahi Kaohu, Edith Kapule Kalawaia, Margaret Keanalani Claesene and Helen Brown. My mother Isabelle Leinaʻala Chartrand Kainoa and brother Harold Kalawaia Chartrand had eleven half siblings. In honor of all the Chartrand ʻOhana that have passed on, to meet Grandpa Chartrand. We want to plan a reunion. We need everyone to kokua with your current contact info to cousin Cami Chartrand 446-5098 email Chartrandreunion2020@gmail.com or John Kainoa 244-8428, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo John.
- Gramberg – Searching for the descendants or any related ʻohana of Herman Gramberg and Rose Anakalea. Children of Herman and Rose are Herman “Waha”, Theresa, George, Vivian, Henry “Heine”, Darilynn, and Rosebud. Looking to update genealogical information. Please email email@example.com. Any information shared is greatly appreciated. Mahalo!
- Harbottle – I am looking for information on my great-great grandmother. Her name is Talaimanomateata or Kuaʻanalewa, she was Tahitian and married to or had a child with George Nahalelaau Harbottle. Born in 1815 on Oʻahu and son of John Harbottle of England and Papapaunauapu daughter of Haninimakaohilani and Kauhiaimokuakama. I know from Edward Hulihee Harbottle’s (my great grandfather) Guardianship court case that when his father George died his mother was on Maui and the case was stopped until she could be in court. When she appeared in court she said it was fine if Edward H. Boyd became his guardian. There are family stories that she had come from an aliʻi family of Tahiti and was in Hawaiʻi as a ward of the court. I have not been able to substantiate this information. If anyone in the family knows where I might look it would be wonderful to know. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-936-3946. Mahalo, Noelani Willing Phillips.
- Hoʻopiʻi – I am looking for ʻohana and information on the wahine Hoopii who married James Love after 1860 in Hawaiʻi. Hoopii died in 1954 in Honolulu and James died 1913 on Maui. James and Hoopii Love had three children, all born in Honolulu: Annie Kaniniu b.1870, James R.K. b.1871, and William Kaliko b.1874. I am looking for any information especially on Hoopii. Please contact Uʻilani Tacgere, phone/text 808-696-6843 or email email@example.com. All information is welcomed! Working to update my genealogy info. & make connections to ʻohana!
- Kaikua’ana – He Hoʻolaha kēia mai ka ʻāina ʻaʻaliʻi kū makani. ʻAuhea ʻoukou e nā ʻohana mai ke kulaiwi ʻO KAMAOʻA-KAʻŪ, Hawaiʻi. Aloha no ʻO KAʻŪ. We are sending out a “kāhea” call-searching for our ʻohana/direct descendants of our kūpuna: John Moses “Moki” Kaikuaʻana-born in Puna, Feb. 1870-1926 and Mary “Juliana Mele” Haloa Kauhai – born in Kamaoʻa, Kaʻū, 1873-1937. Their children were: Kamalama, David Heiau, Twins – Keawepukapu & Naholowaʻa, ʻIoane (John)-Kawailani, Julia-Kapali, C. Andrew-Keanuinui, Malie Piʻilani, Makia, Elizabeth-Kawehi, Katherine-Keliʻi, Makia II. We are humbly asking anyone with any information, photos, videos, interviews, documentation or any other genealogical information to please contact: Kehaulani Lee Hong-Mauga (granddaughter of Charles & Elizabeth Kawehi Akiu (Kaikuaʻana) Phone: (808) 937-6440 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking to gather contact information and link up our genealogical connections and resources to create a genealogy book for the ʻohana and to also plan for a family reunion in the near future.
- Kaiwa – Looking for descendants or related ʻOhana Members of ‘BILL KAIWA’, aka ʻSOLOMAN ANI. Please contact ROBERTA BOLLIG 320-248-3656 or email@example.com MAHALO!
- Kauaua – The descendants of Kelii O Nahuawai Kauaua and Kauaiokalani Kanae and their five children. Papai (w) – Job Piena, Kamaka (w) – John Kamakee Kuhaulua, PuuPuu (k) – Kalino Kailipoaiau, Apuakahei (w) – Keaumiki and Moeloa (w) – Mataio Kaivi. Reunion date July 15 & 16, 2022 at the Key Project 47-200 Waiheʻe Rd., Kahaluʻu, Oʻahu 96744. Contact: Doreen LaBatte (808) 485-7544 or email Doreen LaBatte @ Yahoo.com. ʻOhana Kauaua (Nonprofit Organization 1979).
- Kamau – We are searching for family members of Kamau, Kamauu, Chun, Oneha, Brown & Fry. We will be placing all genealogy information obtained on CD’s for all to have. If you would like your families to have a place within this CD and have a CD to remember for generations to come, please contact Harrilyn (Oneha) Baltero at Balterooh@hawaii.rr.com. She will provide you with genealogy paper for you to input your family information. We are confident that you will want to be a part of this family history CD. Pictures are greatly advised. Please contact me – Nani Kamauu – either by phone 808-384-8913 or email at Pilikea@hawaii.rr.com for any questions you may have. Mahalo Nui Loa to all of our ʻohana.
- Kaleponi – We will be postponing our Hoʻohui Ohana/Family/Reunion of October 2021 to sometime in 2022, due to COVID-19 and also due to the restrictions made by Governor Ige. If there is any questions here are the contacts: Kawai Palmer – firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 380-7508, Mollie Cohen – Mollie.Cohen5@icloud.com or (901) 493-0810, D.Madriaga – email@example.com or (725) 400-2780, Jan Makepa – firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 349-7502, and James Millwood -email@example.com or (808) 292-1624. Mahalo for your understanding. Aloha Nui, A Hui Hou, Mālama Pono, KALEPONI ʻOHANA.
- Kealoha – Enoka Kealoha and Maria Kahokuokekai (Gardner) Kealoha. We are in the beginning phases of planning a family reunion and would like to start collecting our family’s contact information. If you are a descendant of Enoka and Maria, please complete our contact form forms.gle/bnmCyoCvnzSEzRsm8. Any questions, please contact Kanani at (808) 292-7262.
- Makua – Looking for descendants or related ʻohana members of Henry K. Makua (year of birth: 1907, Honolulu) Father: Joseph K. Makua, Mother: Mary Aukai, Sisters: Malia and Mele, Sons: Henery and Donald Makua. Joseph and Mary may have orginated from Kauaʻi. Looking for genealogical information. Please contact –
- Maio – Aloha Kākou to all descendants of Peter Joe Maio and Jennie L. Kalanipii. We invite you to come and share your, aloha, manaʻo, and talents for our Maio Family Reunion in Waiehu on the island of Maui, June 23, 2022 – June 26,2022. For more information contact Ms.Leilani Vakauta at firstname.lastname@example.org 808-630-0999.
- McCorriston – We are updating the McCorriston family tree! Descendants of Daniel McCorriston and Annie Nelson/Anna McColgan, Hugh McCorriston and Margaret Louise Gorman, Edward McCorriston and Mauoni, and Daniel McCorriston and Jane Johnson, please forward your family information to Lynn Kanani Daue at email@example.com. We also welcome updates from the descendants of McCorriston cousin John McColgan and his wife Kalaʻiolele Kamanoulu and Samuel Hudson Foster and Margaret Louise Gorman.
- Steward – Looking for descendants or ʻohana of James and Mea-alani Steward of Kahaluʻu, Oʻahu. Please contact William Steward: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a family reunion.
- Titcomb – For all descendants of Charles Titcomb and Kanikele – it’s time to update the family information for another family reunion. Anyone that would be interested to be on the planning committee, contact: K. Nani Kawaa at email@example.com.
- Yong/Kukahiko – Kalei Keahi / Ah Foon Yong and John Mahele Kukahiko / Daisy Nahaku Up dating genealogy information on these 2 ohana. Please send to Janelle Kanekoa ( granddaughter of Samuel Apo Young/ Yong and Daisybelle Kukahiko) email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list on top right which ohana you belong to. Yong or Kukahiko.