E nā ʻohana Hawaiʻi: If you are planning a reunion or looking for genealogical information, Ka Wai Ola will print your listing at no charge on a space-available basis. Listings should not exceed 200 words. OHA reserves the right to edit all submissions for length. Send your information by mail, or e-mail kwo@OHA.org. E ola nā mamo a Hāloa!
- Coito – Coito Family Reunion scheduled for June 27th & 28th has been postponed indefinitely due to the corona virus pandemic. I hope to hold the reunion this year if possible. Contact Jeanne M. Kahanaoi: 808-354-7365.
- Dole – The descendants of William Patrick Dole and Emily Keli’iahonui Kekoa Dole are planning a family reunion on Saturday August 8, 2020 at the Waimānalo Beach Park, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi. William Dole and Emily K. Dole had 10 children, most of whom have produced descendants who are the next generation of cousins. Their children are named, Emily Kaʻauwai, Henry Dole, Billy Dole, Simeon Dole, Henrietta Carter, Muriel Duvachelle, Benjamin Dole, Richard Dole Kaai, Eleanor Ka-Ne, and Loretta Kwock. The organizers encourage all family descendants to attend and be a part of this family reunion and celebration. The morning will begin with a prayer of blessings as we celebrate the 126th birthday of our tutu Emily K. Dole. There will be talk story sessions, a Paʻina Hawaiian Luncheon, family entertainment, games, and in the afternoon family genealogy workshops. Camping will be allowed by permit. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get to meet cousins that you have not met. For more information, please contact: Camie Apau 808-852-9880, Holly Kwock Kaleohano 808-348-0077, Peewee Ka-Ne 808-990-5242.
- Kahele ʻOhana Miloliʻi – The descendants of John Halena Kahele and Maria Malaea Nunuha and their children Ellen Kalawaeʻa, John Halena, Hannah Koanohano, William Kalilipio Keomaka, Peter Kahuakaʻe, Henry Nahinu and Abel Pepe Kaliliaku are planning a gathering in Miloliʻi, Hawaiʻi Island on July 3, 2020 – July 6, 2020. For more information please contact Renee Olivera at (808) 640-5959, Gloria Wagner at (808) 436-5074 or Sharon “Malama” Faalele at (808) 485-2861.
- Kuakahela/Kalimaonaona – Descendants of Kuakahela and Keaka Kalimaonaona. Children: Naiheauhau, Kaaihue, Kealohapauole, Kamau, Kaunahi, Kimona, Wahinelawaia and Keau. The reunion is set for July 25 and 26, 2020 at Makaeo Events Pavilion, Old Airport Beach Park, Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi. Need head count by June 1, 2020. Call Agnes at 808-987-1884. If you have any questions contact President, Apo Aquino or on Facebook (Kaukahela ʻOhana).
- Kulioholani-Konawahine – ʻOHANA REUNION “CANCELLED” Due to recent developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and heeding the guidance of our government officials, we are CANCELLING our family reunion that was scheduled for Saturday June 20, 2020. A refund will be provided to those who have already registered. Please contact your family representatives for more information and coordination of your refunds. We will discuss planning another Kulioholani-Konawahine reunion soon. Questions: email@example.com
- Manu/Kawelo – Descendants of John Manu-Kawelo and Kaohuaaionaalii Kapapaheenalu of North Kohala will all be together for the first time in 30 years on Wednesday, July 29 through Sunday, August 2, 2020. We will start with an Oʻahu gathering and then meet in North Kohala. Our descendants include Pa, Stewart, Rodenhurst, Hussey, Moku, Manu, and many more. There will be many exciting events that you don’t want to miss. For more information follow us on Facebook, Manu – Kawelo Reunion.
- Nāʻehu-Saffery – Descendants of Captain/Judge Edmund Saffery (1806-1874) and wives Kupuna Naehu and Waiki Kawaawaaiki Naehu (1828-1900) of Olowalu, Maui, are planning a reunion. Their combined 14 children include: Fanny (John Kaiaokamalie); Edmund Jr. (Emalia Wallace); Henry (Kahua Kaanaana); Caroline (Frank Rose); William (Emily Cockett and Jennie Makekau); John (Lucy Kahaulelio and Rebecca Nahooikaika); Thomas (Mary Luna Kina); Mary (Daniel Palena); Emma (Wiliiam Pogue); Anna (Joseph Kealoha and Daniel Nahaku); Julianna (Antoine Freitas); Charles (Emily Hawele and Catherine Kauwahi); Helen (George Tripp); Emalia Nellie (Louis Ernestberg, George Conrad, and Nelson Kaloa). If you’re interested in attending the reunion (postponed to 2021 due to COVID -19), please visit www.SafferyOhana.org or contact Naomi Losch, (808) 261-9038, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lāhela Perry, 808-366-7936, email@example.com
- Pio – The descendants of Pio/Kepio aka Kaawalauole/Kaawalauloa/Keliipio/Pio and first wife Keoahu of Kaupo, Maui, have POSTPONED their Maui reunion to NEXT YEAR, Sept. 3-6, 2021. Primary site will be shared when booked.
- Shim – REUNION FOR HAWAIIAN, CHINESE BRANCHES, WAILUKU. Shim reunion with the theme “Tracing and Connecting Shim Family Roots” will convene July 23 to 25, 2021, on Maui. Mook Shim had six children each by a Chinese wife, Chu Shee, and a Hawaiian wife, Lily Kapoliahiʻiaka Napaepae. Offspring with the latter were, as follows: Edward Loi Hing Shim; Margaret Wong Starkey; Henry Shim; Joseph Shim; Thelma Yanagi, and Kathryn Chung. Chinese offspring were Albert, Edward, Hannah, Henry, Minnie and Robert Shim. Organizers especially invite descendants (1) of Napaepae’s brother, William (Pauahi) Keliʻihelehua of Molokai, and sisters Roselae (Joseph) Paki and Julia (Samuel) Paki of Maui, and (2) of Bow Shim, whose offspring were Anna, Stanley, Harold, Rose, James, Daisy, Mabel and Sarah Shim. Contact Sarah Shim on Maui at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 281-1681, or Ewalani Shim on Maui at (808) 760-8913.
- Victor – In order to ensure the health and safety of our ʻohana we have canceled the 2020 Victor Reunion. Reunion t-shirts and hats are still available, see www.facebook.com/The.Victor.Ohana for details. Although we are disappointed we know that this is the right decision. Mālama Pono! Dwight Victor (808) 688-2349 or email@example.com
- Woolsey – The descendants of George Lewis Woolsey and Annie Kamakakaulani Akana are planning a family reunion on July 2-5, 2020 at He Piko No Waiohuli, Kula, Maui, Hawaiʻi. George Lewis Woolsey and Annie Kamakakaulani Akana had four children, all of whom have produced descendants: Matilda Woolsey Norton, George Woolsey, James Woolsey and Miriam Woolsey Jay Reed. We will talk story, have music, games, enjoy each other’s company and have genealogy updates during the reunion. Camping is allowed. For more information, please emailHope: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ʻImi ʻOhana • FAMILY SEARCH
- Beirne/George/Kailiuli/Waiwaiole – Looking for descendants of Joseph Beirne, Lani George, Victoria Kailiuli, and John Kalua Waiwaiole. A family reunion will be held June 26-27, 2020 in Honolulu. Please contact Minette K Ngalu at email@example.com or call 808-250-8751. Mahalo.
- Chartrand – Aloha John Francis Carson Chartrand is my Grandfather on my mother’s side. He came to Hawaiʻi in the 20s with the Calvary. He married four Hawaiian women in his life and had many children. Mary Keahi Kaohu, Edith Kapule Kalawaia, Margaret Keanalani Claesene and Helen Brown. My mother Isabelle Leinaʻala Chartrand Kainoa and brother Harold Kalawaia Chartrand had eleven half siblings. In honor of all the Chartrand ʻOhana that have passed on, to meet Grandpa Chartrand. We want to plan a reunion. We need everyone to kokua with your current contact info to cousin Cami Chartrand 446-5098 email Chartrandreunion2020@gmail.com or John Kainoa 244-8428, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo John.
- Gramberg – Searching for the descendants or any related ʻohana of Herman Gramberg and Rose Anakalea. Children of Herman and Rose are Herman “Waha”, Theresa, George, Vivian, Henry “Heine”, Darilynn, and Rosebud. Looking to update genealogical information. Please email gramberg
email@example.com. Any inforomation shared is greatly appreciated. Mahalo!
- Harbottle – I am looking for information on my great-great grandmother. Her name is Talaimanomateata or Kuaʻanalewa, she was Tahitian and married to or had a child with George Nahalelaau Harbottle. Born in 1815 on Oʻahu and son of John Harbottle of England and Papapaunauapu daughter of Haninimakaohilani and Kauhiaimokuakama. I know from Edward Hulihee Harbottle’s (my great grandfather) Guardianship court case that when his father George died his mother was on Maui and the case was stopped until she could be in court. When she appeared in court she said it was fine if Edward H. Boyd became his guardian. There are family stories that she had come from an aliʻi family of Tahiti and was in Hawaiʻi as a ward of the court. I have not been able to substantiate this information. If anyone in the family knows where I might look it would be wonderful to know. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-936-3946. Mahalo, Noelani Willing Phillips.
- Hussey – The Hussey family (Alexander & Kaaikaula Makanoe) is updating its genealogy book. Please go to husseyohana.org for more information.
- Kaiwa – Looking for descendants or related ʻOhana Members of ‘BILL KAIWA’, aka SOLOMAN ANI. Please contact ROBERTA BOLLIG 320-248-3656 or email@example.com MAHALO!
- Kamila/Cazimero – We are updating our Kamila and Manuel Family Tree and planning our next Family Reunion. Please check out our Facebook page; Hui ʻo Manuel a me Kamila Reunion or email Kamila.ManuelCazimeroFR2021@gmail.com. You can also contact Stacy Hanohano at (808) 520-4212 for more information.
- Keanu – Would like to locate genealogical information for my deceased paternal grandmother named Josephine Keanu born either in Kaʻu or Kaohe (Big Island) on 8/12/1912 or 1911. Supposedly, her birth record was destroyed during a fire at St. Benedict Church in Honaunau. I was told this church kept birth records of nearby families during that period. I would greatly appreciate any kokua in locating her ʻohana and details of her birth. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kauka – Looking for descendants or related ʻohana members of Deborah Chan Loy (DOB: about 1885). Please contact Glenn Ventura at email@example.com. Mainly trying to locate sisters of my mother Irene Loy (DOB: 1914) Married John Ventura of Kihei. Sisters: Lillian, Saddie (Sadie), Warma (Velma) and Agnes Kauka.
- Makua – Looking for descendants or related ʻohana members of Henry K. Makua (year of birth: 1907, Honolulu) Father: Joseph K. Makua, Mother: Mary Aukai, Sisters: Malia and Mele, Sons: Henery and Donald Makua. Joseph and Mary may have orginated from Kauaʻi. Looking for genealogical information. Please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org. Mahalo!
- Steward – Looking for descendants or ʻohana of James and Mea-alani Steward of Kahaluʻu, Oʻahu. Please contact William Steward: email@example.com if you are interested in a family reunion.
- Titcomb – For all descendants of Charles Titcomb and Kanikele – it’s time to update the family information for another family reunion. Anyone that would be interested to be on the planning committee, contact: K. Nani Kawaa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yong/Kukahiko – Kalei Keahi / Ah Foon Yong and John Mahele Kukahiko / Daisy Nahaku Up dating genealogy information on these 2 ohana. Please send to Janelle Kanekoa ( granddaughter of Samuel Apo Young/ Yong and Daisybelle Kukahiko) email me @ email@example.com. Please list on top right which ohana you belong to. Yong or Kukahiko.