1 What are the top three issues facing the Native Hawaiian community today?
2 OHA’s mission is to improve conditions for Native Hawaiians. What skills do you offer to help OHA fulfill its mission?
3 How can OHA better ensure that Maunakea and its cultural and environmental integrity are appropriately protected?
- LACK OF HOUSING. As OHA Trustee At-Large I want to work with beneficiaries and secure stable housing through financial literacy and home-ownership education.
- EDUCATION. I want to create education funding at an affordable price from early childhood education to graduate scholarships for students and educational funding for trades careers as well.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. OHA holds a large portfolio of assets and resources. One of my priorities is to work with other Native Hawaiian organizations to better utilize resources and create additional revenue opportunities.
- My primary goal is to create a strong foundation for our local and Native Hawaiian community to grow from. Some of the skills I will bring to OHA are my connection to community and culture, leadership, vision for Hawaiʻi’s future, and the Hawaiian values passed down from my parents and kūpuna. I look forward to working not just with other Trustees and OHA staff, but with the lāhui as a whole to build a better future for all.
- OHA’s current stance as being neutral is not enough. It has an obligation to be involved in the current land and community challenges happening on Maunakea. As Trustee, I will stand with the kānaka ʻōiwi because when Native Hawaiians thrive, Hawaiʻi as a whole thrives.
Back to Trustee Candidates