1 What are the top three issues facing the Native Hawaiian community today?
2 OHA’s mission is to improve conditions for Native Hawaiians. What skills do you offer to help OHA fulfill its mission?
3 How can OHA better ensure that Maunakea and its cultural and environmental integrity are appropriately protected?
- Economics. Native Hawaiians have not been justly compensated by the State’s use of crown lands, and receives 3.8% (15.1M) while the States legal commitment of 20%(78.8M) of ceded land revenue had never been honored.
- Governance. Native Hawaiian assets are constantly being targeted and assaulted by State agencies who operate with revenues withheld from Native Hawaiians and allowing foreign corporations to continuously dishonor State public trusts laws.
- Education. Native Hawaiians are being kept ignorant of their advanced technological innovations.
- As a cultural practitioner, I am proficient in exhibiting traditional values environmentally, spiritually, socially and industriously. With an entrepreneurial background, I have contributed towards proposals and established relations with members of both Republican and Democratic parties, to create sustainable ways of economics through manufacturing and exporting products.
- OHA must continue serving and defending the assets on behalf of the beneficiaries with court proceedings.
Back to Trustee Candidates